Forest Marathon – Info
42.2km at 07:00 • 21.1km at 08:00
PLEASE NOTE: THE RACE FINISH VENUE IS NOT THE SAME AS 2010, WE ARE BACK AT LOERIE PARK FOR THE 2011 EVENT!
- This is a pre-entry race only.
- Our entries are restricted to 1 500 for the full marathon and 6 000 for the half marathon – a total of 7 500 runners.
- Entries close when these numbers are reached or at the latest 15 May 2011.
- Cut-off time for the 42.2km is 5 hours 30 minutes.
- New Balance Moisture Management t-shirts will be limited to 5 000 for those who choose this total purchase entry option in the 21.1km OR the 42.2km distances. Alternatively 2500 entries without t-shirts are available.
- Unique indigenous timber shield for first 200 finishers in the 42.2km; silver medals for the next 800 finishers; bronze medals for all the finishers in the 21.1km and the balance of the finishers in the 42.2km.
- Lucky Draws will be available.
- 5km Fun Run starting at 07:30 at finish venue.
- Join us after the race for a full afternoon of fun and festivities at the finish.
- Parking and Taxi pick up point for runners to the start will be at the Loerie Park area and Vigilance Drive.
5km Fun Run
There will be a 5km Fun Run starting at 07:30. Entry Fee R15.00. (Participants in this event are not eligible for a T-shirt.) All athletes must be 9 years of age or older. For Fun Run enquiries phone Patrick Bastian 084 437 4025.
|1st place||R2500||R2000||1st place||R400||R300|
|2nd place||R1500||R1000||2nd place||R300||R200|
|4th place||R750||1st place||R300||R200|
|1st place||R600||R500||1st place||R300|
|2nd place||R400||R300||2nd place||R200|
|1st place||R500||R400||Senior 4x||R300||R250|
|2nd place||R300||R250||1st KNYSNA MARATHON|
|3rd place||R200||R150||CLUB RUNNER||R500||R400|
RULES & REGULATIONS
2. Held under the rules of ASA and ASWD.
3. Cut-off times: Full Marathon 5h30min
Half Marathon 3h30min
4. No seconding from cyclists or private vehicles will be allowed on the route.
5. As this is a footrace, no wheelchairs or prams will be allowed on the course.
6. No private vehicles will be allowed at the start or along the route. THIS WILL BE ENFORCED. No animals allowed.
7. Licensed runners must wear club colours and licence numbers.
8. Age group ID tags must be worn on the front and back to qualify for age category prizes.
9. All entrants must display two numbers on their vests. The race number on the front and the licence number on the back.
10. If you are not in possession of a valid, current licence, then you must purchase a temporary licence. These are available at R20 each.
11. All temporary licence runners compete in the open category, unless they are wearing an age group ID tag (front and back) to qualify for age category prizes.
12. Minimum age restriction on the day of the race: 21.1km 16 years • 42.2km 20 years
13. All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 142.1 and 142.2. Foreign athletes must be able to produce a letter from their respective federations permitting them to participate on race day.
14. Drinking / sponging stations shall be provided at three kilometer intervals. Water and other suitable refreshments shall be available at the start and finish.
15. Distance markers will be placed at every kilometer.
16. Athletes must stay on the right hand side of the road at all times unless instructed differently by the marshals and traffic officers.
17. NO CHANGING from the Full Marathon to the Half Marathon or visa versa will be allowed.
18. POSTAL ENTRIES CLOSE 15 MARCH 2011.
Post entry to: Pick n Pay Cape Times Knysna Forest Marathon, PO Box 1306, Knysna 6570. (Cheques payable to: Knysna Forest Marathon). NO POST DATED CHEQUES.
19. Online entries will be available from 1 March 2011 at http://www.knysnamarathonclub.co.za.
20. No faxed or telephone entries will be accepted.
21. Online entries will be confirmed by e-mail (not immediately upon entry) and postal entries by postal confirmation card.
22. Registration and number collection will be open from 10:00-22:00 on Friday 8 July 2011. There will be NO registration on Saturday morning.
23. At registration you will receive your race number, T-shirt, goodie bag with final instructions.
24. Taxi’s will be used to transport runners to the start in the forest. These vehicles leave from Vigilance Drive from 04:45 onwards. NB: ALL FULL MARATHON runners must catch a taxi before 06:00 to be on time for their start at 07:00.
25. A tog bag vehicle will be on hand to transport your tog bag back to the finish venue. Bags available for collection from 10:00 only.
26. All home comforts have been laid on at the start. There will be free tea, coffee and biscuits for the competitors.
27. Please catch an early taxi to the start, as the start will not be delayed for late arrivals.
28. Prize giving will commence at the finish at 12:30. You must be present to be eligible for the big lucky draw prize.
29. Refreshments and food will be on sale from 10:00 on the Friday 8 July 2011 as well as on race day.
30. Unclaimed t-shirts will be sold at the finish on Saturday morning.
31. Join us for a full afternoon of fun and festivities at the finish on race day.
32. Accommodation: For details contact Knysna Tourism Tel. 044 382 5510.
33. A voluntary donation, to Red Cross and Epilepsy SA will be appreciated.
34. Results will not be posted to competitors after the race. They will be available on http://www.knysnamarathonclub.co.za a few days after the race.
35. Action Photo is the official race photographer and images can be ordered form them after the event. A link to their website will be added to the race results.
36. For race enquiries contact Kerry Roos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 076 195 4832. Visit our website at http://www.knysnamarathonclub.co.za for updated news and online registration. Race convener: Moses Gericke 076 174 2176.